Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 25, 2008

i/r

for some of you non basketballers... "i/r" stands for "injured/reserve". 10 days ago i suffered my first pulled muscle. and yes, the "you are not young anymore" and "you are getting old" comments have been pouring in... and have gotten pretty old, too. 35, c'mon.
so anyways, the brace i borrowed from rodney cox was working ok... but i decided to go with the full boot, to completely inmobilize my calf - thanks to bobby burke's brace. i've worn a brace for 9 days now and today is my first day with my feet free. i'm taking it lightly. i hope to be on the treadmill this weekend and shooting ball by tuesday. we'll see.
nice site of pooled blood up and down my leg, huh?
i guess there's a "little captain in me"... (capt morgan commercial reference - but i guess that makes it not funny if i have to explain it).
i'm really looking forward to getting with the guys for basketball. they did awesome last night, almost pulled it out agains a team we'd beaten the past year or two, but used to beat us... so kinda' rival-ish. but they are good guys. anyways, we came back from 18 down in the 2nd half to within 2 pts with under 2 minutes. it was awesome, we just couldn't get over the hump (and some chincey missed calls at the end didn't help either).
coop got to come with me to the game. cindy gave me one of those "ya'll ain't stayin' home and you've got to get the heck out of here" (ok, so i changed up a line from stewart scott from espn) lines. so at 9:15 p.m. we went to his first basketball games. it was fun... and right when it was time to go, he decided it was time to eat. so i drove home with my arm behind my back holding in the paci ("opi" at our house)... and smiling.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wade said...

Hey R,

Stand your ground against those "you're too old" comments!!

I've gotten more than my share of those over the years - especially after the ambulance ride to the ER when I crashed in a cycling event.

I can't help but feel sorry for people who think they're too old to do something. Their lives must be so boring if they can't get off the bench because they're too afraid of getting hurt!

Happy Healing!

W