Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 18, 2008

the best christmas gift ever...

ok... this is me opening the only gift i actually recieved. it was a book about all kinds of sports from becky and chrispy.
but my favorite present was something else.
this fall i came accross a concept called "advent conspiracy". the thought is "worship more, spend less, give more" during the christmas season. we did. i don't think we did it perfectly, but we gave it our best shot!
the pruitt clan, cooper clan, and peurifoy clan contributed $875 to mission projects in mozambique, africa. our missionary friend will dig a new water well with that money. clean water for a whole village. that's what i got for christmas.
$875... that's what it's worth not to worry about what gift to give who and how much are you spending on each person and the feeling like you got shafted with what you got. cindy and i bought no other family gifts for adults, and only a few for our girls. we really scaled back, and put some money in the pot for our gift that will give life... LIFE! "i have come that you may have life, and have it to the full" is what our Savior said. we've helped contribute to that this year, and we're not worrying about how much we spent on xmas... we celebrated the life bringer, instead.
so... if you are interested in the concept, check out www.adventconspiracy.org , it's becoming a movement! although some centralized their giving to work with a certain organization to give clean water through out the world. others have used the money in their community.
imagine...

1 comment:

Wade said...

Ricky!

Dude! How have you been? I just tripped over your blog so I thought I'd say hello!

(In case you're drawing a blank on who the heck I am . . . BOAR Classs - '95)

Congrats on the growing family! I love the name Cooper. That was second on my list when Kelly and I had our son over a year ago - but we had to go with Tate instead.

I've often heard that going from 2 kids to 3 is a lot easier than going from 1 kid to 2 - I'll keep dropping by to see if that's true or not!

Be good,

W