Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

posters' progress

the girls finished up their posters on saturday and then made more crafts on sunday afternoon. it's like they get started and then they find anything and everything and pull it out, draw on it, cut it, glue it, string it together... you know... and they favorite part is "clean up"!
coop ran up to to posters and barked at the puppy. then tried to grab the ball and said "uh bah" that means "the ball".

so... speaking of crafts... this is what i like to make! 2 for cindy and 1 for me. or something like that.

as far as work goes... it's been fun getting to know this new group of teens. they are a super busy group, but we some how managed to get a group together and have a scavenger hunt between 5 teams 2 saturday nights ago. it was really fun. here's a pic of something i never thought i'd do... squeeze in with 9 other people into a vw bug! we were able to shut the back hatch too!
another aspect of work is meetings and getting used to new co-workers. and them to me... yikes. anyways... here's one of my coworkers feet that were next to my chair yesterday at our staff meeting. her toes were like that the entire meeting. not stretching or moving them. that's the way they naturally were "sitting" there.
i just thought that picture would be interesting... you know... instead of the normal parts of my job that i could tell you about... like parents meetings, teaching, interns, planning, planning, getting to know youth workers, all that is good and the regular stuff.
oh, did i say "her feet"... i meant "his feet".

being in abilene has freshened me up in many ways. made me realize how old i am in other ways.
here's a song that's been working on my heart in the past couple of weeks... in the midst of me going through culture shock. some days have been really tough and cindy and i have really struggled and had to just have faith that we did follow God's leading. when we do that, we feel and see more clearly... but anyways, here's the song... and it's playing on our blog's playlist:

Today I found myself
After searching all these years
And the man that I saw, he wasn't at all who I thought he'd be
I was lost when you found me here
And I was broken beyond repair
Then you came along and you sang your song over me

It feels like I'm born again
It feels like I'm living
For the very first time
For the very first time
In my life

Make a promise to me now
Reassure my heart somehow
That the love that I feel is so much more real than anything
I've a feeling in my soul
And I pray that I'm not wrong
That the life I have now, it is only the beginning

It feels like I'm born again
It feels like I'm living
For the very first time
For the very first time
It feels like I'm breathing
It feels like I'm moving
For the very first time
For the very first time

I wasn't looking for something that was more
Than what I had yesterday
Then you came to me and you gave to me
Life and a love that I've never known
That I've never felt before

It feels like I'm born again
It feels like I'm living
For the very first time
I'm living for the first time
It feels like I'm breathing
It feels like I'm moving
For the very first time
I'm living for the first time
In my life




1 comment:

Tammy M. said...

Great post. So glad y'all are here. Love the pic of the toes...I was trying to guess to whom they belong...I think I have figured it out.

God has certainly called you to a new challenge here, but that is where He will grow and refine your faith to new levels. For some reason the Pink Floyd song popped into my head, Comfortably Numb, as long as we follow God's adventure for us we will be anything but, it certainly isn't an easy journey.