Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 22, 2007

'cuz i'm a cowboy, baby...



last night cindy and i went to see 3:10 to yuma and i was impressed. good cowboy movie and it had some substance and of course, plenty of guns and blood. but the story was solid, great movie... but let's see how it stacks up. ok... i don't know if it's the "best" western movie of all time... but... i'll give you my top 5 of all time.

1. tombstone (kurt russell)
2. 3:10 to yuma (russell crow and christian bell)
3. true grit (john wayne)
4. unforgiven (clint eastwood)
5. open range (robert duvall and kevin costner)

here's my honorable mention / not the right genre / other good ones:
best series: "young guns" with emilio estevez and crew was impressive and just what i needed as a teenager to keep me from totally abandoning the "westerns". they both make my top 10 in the whole western list. "broken trail" was also a good one.
good movies but not westerns: "last of the mohicans" and "dances with wolves". both of these make my "top ten favorite movies" list.

as a kid, i used to ride my bike or walk up to the catholic church's theatre in rosario (yes, there were regular modern theaters, this was just like the neighborhood's dollar movie place) with my friends. there was a series with terence hill called "trinity" and "lucky". so, that get's my vote as best in the "spaghetti westerns" category.

so... on the outside chance i missed on my top 5... go ahead, make my day... post your "top 5 westerns."

1 comment:

Rob said...

You forgot Blazing Saddles. That should be numbers 1 to 5 on your list.